Alert Emergency Alert


Read More


Request email notification when page changes
September 1, 2017 - The City is working diligently to assess the damage to public utilities and infrastructure across our community. Property owners are asked to please follow the guidance below to assist in the recovery process:

  1. We understand affected homeowners want to get back in your homes as quickly as possible, however, homes that were inundated with flood water or sewer system backflow must be inspected for safety reasons before residents may move back in. City building inspectors will provide those inspections free of charge. You can return to your residence, but you cannot stay if the homes had water or sewer backflow. Residents who need to have their homes inspected may email the City at
  2. Fort Bend County is asking that residents self-report damage to assist in their filing the necessary damage assessment paperwork for a federal disaster declaration for our area. Please do so by completing the brief form here:
  3. Most importantly, for individual assistance, be sure to register with FEMA here: or by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (1-800-621-3362) from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET, 7 days a week. FEMA also has resource centers across the Houston area.  FEMA also has an app that can be utilized to register for assistance. Please monitor the Fort Bend County Office of Emergency Management website for additional details.
  4. If you own a business in the City of Fulshear that was affected by Harvey, please email or call (281) 346-1796 with your contact information, and we’ll reach out as quickly as possible.
Sadly, many people prey on disaster-stricken areas. Be very careful when selecting a contractor to complete repairs. Be sure to follow guidelines for contractor vetting from the Texas Department of Insurance and the FEMA general contractor checklist available here, and double-check companies with the Better Business Bureau. Your insurance company should also be able to provide guidance and assistance in vetting contractors to do work as part of your insurance claim.

Contractors must be registered with the City of Fulshear Building Services, and the necessary permits must be pulled for work done in the City.
While the local Chamber of Commerce can be a good resource for local companies, residents should be sure to thoroughly vet local companies also. A reputable contractor will not have any problem providing the necessary information to you as a concerned client.