Fulshear City Council is calling for interested residents to fill a vacant City Council At-Large position with a term expiring in May 2019. The seat was previously held by Jim Fatheree, who tendered his resignation from City Council on February 26.
The application is available here, or from the City Secretary’s Office, and will be accepted until 5 p.m. Monday, April 2, 2018. City Council will utilize the applications to review interested candidates for potential appointment to the position at an April City Council meeting.
Please note, in accordance with the City’s Charter, qualifications to be eligible for office include:
- Be a United States citizen;
- Be 21 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled;
- Have resided continuously in the corporate limits of the City for 12 months on the first day of the term to be filled at the election;
- Not be delinquent in paying any local, state, or federal taxes;
- Not be indebted to the City; and
- Satisfy any other eligibility requirements prescribed by this Charter or other law for the office for which they are a candidate.
Please contact the City Secretary’s Office at (281) 346-1796 for further information.