The City of Fulshear announces the departure of its first City Administrator/ City Manager, CJ Snipes. Mr. Snipes has served in his capacity since September 2010.
Since his arrival, he helped guide the City through explosive growth seeing the population rise from 1,110 to nearly 9,600 persons today. In that same time, he oversaw the growth of the staff from 5 full time employees to 48 as the demand for services grew exponentially. He was instrumental in recruiting, retaining and promoting several very highly talented executives who provided a core leadership team who continue to strive to build a City of Excellence.
Included among many of the City’s achievements during his time here are:
- Drafting and adoption of the City’s first Zoning Ordinance;
- Revision and overhaul of the City’s Subdivision Ordinance;
- Revision and drafting of several signature Development-related Ordinances and the Codification of the City’s Ordinances;
- Completion of the City’s first true Comprehensive Plan and Major Thoroughfare Plan;
- The negotiation of Pre-Development, Development and Utility Agreements for four in- city MUDs comprising over 1,700 acres of new development;
- The negotiation of Pre-Development, Development, Utility and Strategic Partnership Agreements comprising over 5,300 acres of new development; and
- The transition from a Type A General Law City to Home Rule City.
Fulshear was also recognized during this time as one of the Top 10 “Best Places to Raise a Family” in Texas and “the Best Place to Raise a Family” in the Greater Houston Area by Niche.com.
“Mr. Snipes has become a staple in our community and made Fulshear history by becoming the first City Manager through his hard work and dedication. Like every mayor and council member past and present, Mr. Snipes has played a key role in shaping the wonderful community we all love and call home. God has a perfect plan for both Mr. Snipes and the City. It has been a privilege to work alongside of Mr. Snipes for many years and he will be greatly missed,” said Mayor Jeff W. Roberts.
Assistant City Manager, Paula Ryan, M.A., will serve as Interim City Manager.