The City of Fulshear will modify some services until further notice in order to protect citizens and minimize opportunities to spread COVID-19 in our community.
Taking into consideration CDC recommendations on social distancing, and measures taken across the nation to include travel bans, school closures, quarantines and event cancellations, the City will take the following precautionary measures:
• Effective March 17, 2020 non-essential city employees will telecommute, work from home or report on staggered schedules to minimize person-to-person contact.
• Access to public buildings will be restricted.
• Payments will be accepted over the phone, online and by mail.
• Permits, licensing and payment assistance will be handled online or by phone.
• The Irene Stern Center will be closed and not available for rental until further notice.
• Only two City sponsored events are scheduled. Keep Fulshear Beautiful is currently scheduled for April 18, 2020 and the Freedom Fest is scheduled on July 4, 2020. It is undetermined at this time if these events will be cancelled, however, no newly formed events will be scheduled or permitted until further notice.
• Other than the City Council meeting scheduled for March 17, 2020 at 7:00 pm, all other public meetings will be cancelled. The City Council meeting (LIVE) can be accessed at the link provided: http://www.fulsheartexas.gov/gove…/public_meetings_video.php If you choose to attend in person, be advised that every effort to minimize social interaction will be provided along with hand sanitizing stations for your convenience. Our recommendation is to view the City Council meeting by streaming it live to your phone or computer.
Fulshear Police Department
Fulshear Police Officers will continue to serve your community as always, without hesitation. Your safety comes first. However, we ask for your understanding on a few concerns to make sure your officers are safe as well.
• We will maintain a 6 foot safe space during interviews.
• We will take non-emergency reports over the phone to minimize contact.
• We will postpone large group training exercises.
• We will postpone the Citizens Police Academy, Ride to School With a Cop, Community Oriented Events and all Ride-a-Longs.
• Court dates have been cancelled until further notice, and will be rescheduled.
• We encourage payment of fines by mail or online.
• WCA will continue trash pick-up and recycling. However, they are asking that all trash be bagged before placing in bins and that recyclables be rinsed off if possible.
• We will continue to perform maintenance and landscaping.
• We will limit employee to employee contact and employee to public contact.
It is our responsibility to prevent the spread of disease, while continuing to offer the important services our citizens need.
We appreciate the flexibility of our employees and the understanding of our residents during this unprecedented pandemic emergency.