In 2016, the Texas Police Chiefs Association conducted an on-site review of the Fulshear Police Department. This review was the last step in becoming a “Recognized Law Enforcement Agency” through the TPCA’s (Texas Police Chiefs Association) Recognition Program. The program evaluates the department’s compliance with over 160 Texas Law Enforcement Best Practices. Compliance with these standards assures that an agency is following procedures to provide the highest quality of police service. The standards specify practices that protect the rights of citizens and ensure that officers are trained and equipped to do their jobs.
The Texas Police Chief’s Association website describes the process by saying that “An agency that has been awarded “Recognized” status has undertaken a careful internal review of its policies, procedures, equipment, facilities, and operations.” This review of operations from an outside professional organization allows a department to critically examine itself and ensure the quality of the service it provides.
The Fulshear Police Department was awarded the TPCA’s “Recognized Law Enforcement Agency Award” in 2016 and maintains this accreditation every four years. The department was once again awarded as a Recognized Agency in 2020.
The Fulshear Police Department is committed to provide high quality public safety services to our constituents to create an environment in which all may enjoy an optimum quality of life and economic prosperity.
Integrity: The Fulshear Police Department is built upon a foundation of ethical and professional conduct. We are committed to the highest level of moral principles and ethics. All members of the department will adhere to the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics.
Honesty: We will be truthful and trust worthy at all times.
Fairness: We are committed to equal application of the law to offenders and members of the public as well as the equal application of rules and regulations to all members of the department.
Courage: We are dedicated to meeting all challenges with the courage needed to accomplish our mission.
Compassion: We understand our role as community caretakers, and temper our application of the law with compassion and empathy.
Concern for our Community
- Protect and serve our diverse community to the best of our ability
- Treat all with candor, empathy and respect
- Be accountable to the public trust
- Develop strength through partnerships and collaboration
Concern for our Duties
- Provide an individualized and innovative approach to each situation
- Act with courage in the face of adversity
- Lead through exemplary conduct, appearance and demeanor
- Strive for excellence through self-improvement, education and training
Concern for our fellow employees
- Treat each other with respect, courtesy and fairness
- Encourage and accept the flow of communication
- Ensure positive recognition and encouragement of all employees
- Be a reliable teammate
Concern for our profession
- Maintain ethical behavior both on and off the job
- Serve with honesty, loyalty and integrity
- Recognize the legacy created by our actions
- Respect the history and traditions of our agency
The image of the Fulshear Police Department depends upon the personal integrity of all departmental employees. To a large degree, the public's image of the department is determined by the professional response to allegations of misconduct against it or its employees. It is the policy of the Police Department to accept all complaints against its officers. The department will conduct a thorough, competent, and professional investigation of all allegations of misconduct by employees and complaints bearing on the department’s response to community needs.
Complaints are defined as alleged infractions of how police service is provided; a failure to provide service, improper attitudes, improper police conduct, or misconduct involving personnel. Complaints will be investigated and handled by the Chief of Police or his designee.